In unit 3, we discussed the 4 conflict styles which include, avoiding, accommodating, collaborative and competing. The collaborative conflict style is when the person is trying to be cooperative and considerate of the others involved. I believe I am more of a collaborative person. For example, when me and my friend write music, we constantly have issues with what the other person likes. We don't like much of the same music and want different things out of every song, so it can become a hassle, but in the end we find a way to compromise our way into a good situation.
I have been in bands with very uncooperative people. For example, I was in a band that had LITERALLY the same formula for every song. They wanted every part of the song to be 4 bars long, but when I would tell them it made us sound too predictable, they wouldn't listen. Needless to say, I left.
Trey, interesting blog. I like that you ended up leaving the band due to creative differences (you willing to be creative and them not). I would assume that the leaving the band would be the avoidance method after all other attempts failed. Are you still in contact with any of your former band-mates?
ReplyDelete